May 2, 2006

garlic


The garlic is looking pretty good. We had a bit of a time during a warm spell back in February- some of our varieties began popping up through the hay mulch thinking it was springtime! Unfortunately the blustery 20 degree days that followed were none too kind on their tender young leaves. The good news is that we didn't loose many, although those varieties suffered a bit of a setback. Garlic never ceases to amaze me, though.

I have been told that a few weeks (not to even mention a month) is like a century or two in blog-time. This first picture was actually taken the same day as the 'pea-mergence' shot. The picture below is how the garlic looked this evening.



But I digress... I would like to keep my posts more current with the images. After all, plants do tend to grow and change from one day to the next.


All I can say is that I will do my best. Now that we are getting into the full swing of things season-wise, it is hard to find the time to reflect, let alone publish anything. The weeks have already begun to fly by.